Qualifications & Experience
This is an in-person position.
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Security Clearance: Secret (required)
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing and two (2) years of related experience OR six (6) years of related experience in the field of public relations, public affairs, or journalism
Must be a US Citizen
Description of Work
IIT is looking for a Writer/Editor interested in developing compelling material to help our clients tell impactful and cohesive stories. The candidate will work directly on an exciting opportunity with a Department of Defense (DoD) agency in Dahlgren, VA. As a member of the creative team, this person will work in a highly visible, fast-paced, time-sensitive environment to engage with a wide variety of DoD issues and create compelling messages and stories in the form of social media, press releases, articles, feature stories, and news releases. The successful candidate is creative, fast on their feet, and self-driven. Candidates should have previous experience working with the federal government. This role is in Dahlgren, VA; candidate must be able to work onsite full-time.
What You’ll Do:
– Research, conduct interviews, write, edit, and obtain release/approval for articles, feature stories, news releases, and statements, including electronic, web based, and hard copy material
– Engage with a wide variety of subject matter experts, scientists, engineers, etc. to distill and translate highly technical information and ideas into compelling and credible content
– Provide communications engagement support for events to include the development of messages to align with client initiatives
– Assist with the occasional creation of basic graphics, photography and video
Who You Are:
– US Citizen and eligible to obtain a DoD clearance
– Gifted storyteller, attentive to detail, adept at balancing multiple projects and tight deadlines; and capable of forging strong relationships with internal and external subject matter experts
– Understands writing for web best practices and information architecture, and stays up to date on social media tools
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing and two (2) years of related experience OR 6 years of related experience in the field of public relations, public affairs, or journalism
– Background in and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
– Knowledge of Section 508 compliance standards and how to create products that adhere to these standards
– Energetic, passionate, and intellectually curious
– Team player with the ability to lead others or be led
IIT is a full-service agency that helps clients communicate better. As a result, our commercial and federal clients build awareness, increase market share, influence policy, and protect their brands.
IIT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
IIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you are a qualified job seeker with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://www.iit-corp.com/careers as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at 703-478-7600.
Please note: the telephone number listed above is only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation.