Description of work
IT is seeking a Watch Officer in our Washington, DC location.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Work with fellow watch officers as a team in monitoring the status of the National Transportation System, reporting incidents, accidents or threats to the system’s integrity and evaluate the potential impacts these events may have on the transportation infrastructure that could lead to critical events and crisis/emergency situations;
- Obtain information from a wide variety of communications equipment including e-mail, telephone, fax, secure fax, high frequency radio, satellite phone and secure/unsecure Video Teleconference (VTC). When sending information, the contractor shall be responsible for determining the appropriate method of communication and using the proper format, priority, and distribution means as specified in the CMC Standard Operating Procedures;
- Contribute to the efforts of the DOT by forwarding items of interest to CMC leadership for review;
- Develop and maintain close working relations with watch officers from other federal and state agencies. He/she promotes DOT as the focal and central point of exchange for products and information;
- Continually learn better watch operation skills through review and presentation of “best practice” changes to operations and information SOPs, checklists, and other administrative processes and procedures;
- Oversee preparation and distribution of critical reports and alerts. As events occur, senior DOT staff may request briefings that summarize the significant issues posed by the events for the Secretary of Transportation, the White House, congressional leadership, or other department/agency management. Staff selected by the Contractor may conduct these briefings or provide support to the CMC leadership for the briefings;
- Ensure that all Requests for Information (RFI) are rapidly and effectively acted upon and coordinated with Operating Administrations and partner Departments and Agencies for consistency and consensus. Assure all reports, presentations, and briefings for the Secretary are timely, accurate, and fully coordinated;
- Responsible for initiating and receiving video teleconferencing and secure video teleconferencing. When necessary, this may require troubleshooting to identify and correct system problems, re-keying encryption devices, and operating peripheral devices through a console;
- Assist with emergency message dissemination as necessary. This requires using the contact lists and specific scenarios under which DOT employees and on-site contract staff will receive emergency notification;
- Actively participate in exercises and drills, as part of the CMC team; and ensure familiarity and comply with the DOT HQ Occupant Emergency Program.
Candidate must have an active Top-Secret clearance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have previous Watch Officer experience
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and complete task within given deadlines
IIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you are a qualified job seeker with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.iit-corp.com/careers as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and provide your name and contact information. To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at 703-478-7600.
Please note: the email and telephone options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation.