Description of work
Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ISAC) Analyst
IIT is seeking an Analyst to join our surface transportation-focused Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ISAC) Program. Since 2011, IIT has operated dedicated sector-specific ISACs, producing original analysis on important security and safety-related topics and providing an efficient means for their members, critical infrastructure partners, and the government to receive and send information concerning both man-caused and natural incidents, threats, and alerts.
- Assist with multi-source collection efforts.
- Participate in the production, review, and dissemination of daily reports, emergency alerts, Security Awareness Bulletins, and special reports.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with a broad range of ISAC, industry, and government partners.
- Ensure member and partner Requests for Information (RFI) are rapidly and effectively identified and acted upon.
- Participate in an on-call analyst rotation, monitoring for emerging threats and incidents and producing and disseminating priority and situational awareness messages as needed.
- Provide member support and industry outreach.
- Attend important virtual and in-person meetings as required.
Location: Primarily remote. However, the analyst may need to attend meetings at IIT HQ in Reston, VA, and/or with ISAC partner/member organizations whenever necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. A degree or other certifications in intelligence, risk management, emergency preparedness, information technology, or a physical/cyber security-related discipline is preferred.
- Practical experience in transportation, intelligence analysis, counterterrorism, law enforcement, physical/cyber security, and/or risk management is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Aptitude for analysis.
- Proficiency performing research.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete tasks within given deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products; particularly Word and Excel.
- Willingness to learn and desire to accumulate knowledge on a broad array of security-related topics.
IIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you are a qualified job seeker with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.iit-corp.com/careers as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and provide your name and contact information. To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at 703-478-7600.
Please note: the email and telephone options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation.