Qualifications & Experience
This is an in-person position.
Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance: Secret (suitability for TS/SCI necessary)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent certificate (required)
Experience: 24/7 watch-stander, military, law enforcement, or emergency management experience is a plus
Languages: English (required)
Must be a US Citizen
Description of work
Information and Infrastructure Technologies (IIT) is seeking an Operations Specialist to join our team providing 24x7x365 monitoring of the nation’s transportation system, reporting on incidents, accidents, and threats to the system’s integrity, and evaluating the potential impacts on transportation infrastructure.
The Operations Specialist must be able to work well within a team environment and adapt quickly to change. They must also possess excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as an ability to handle shifting requirements/priorities, and a willingness to learn. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Web-based Emergency Operations Center (WebEOC), SharePoint, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) is a plus.
– Work as part of a team to monitor the status of the nation’s transportation systems, report incidents, accidents, or threats to the system’s integrity, and evaluate the potential impacts these events may have on transportation systems that could lead to critical events and crisis/emergency situations.
– Obtain information from a wide variety of communications equipment, including e-mail, secure e-mail, telephone, secure telephone, facsimile, secure facsimile, high-frequency radio, satellite telephone, and secure/unsecure Video Teleconferences (VTCs). When sending information, the contractor shall be responsible for determining the appropriate method of communication and using the proper format, priority, and distribution means as specified in Standard Operating Procedures.
– Contribute to the efforts of situational awareness and emergency management by monitoring and disseminating items of interest to decision-makers and leadership.
– Develop and maintain close working relationships with personnel from other departments and agencies and promote the client organization as the focal and central point of exchange for products and information.
– Become familiar and proficient with WebEOC for statistical, reporting, and archiving purposes.
– Continually strive for increased responsibilities and watch operation skills through review and presentation of “best practice” changes to operations and information SOPs, checklists/templates, and other administrative processes and procedures.
– Oversee preparation and distribution of critical reports and alerts. As events occur, senior staff may request briefings that summarize the significant issues posed by these events.
– Ensure all Requests for Information (RFI) are timely and effectively acted upon and appropriately coordinated. Assure all reports, presentations, and briefings for the Secretary are timely, accurate, and fully coordinated.
– Initiate and receive nonsecure VTCs and secure VTCs. When necessary, this may require troubleshooting to identify and correct system problems, rekeying encryption devices, and operating peripheral devices through a console.
– Assist with emergency message dissemination as necessary. This requires using the contact lists and specific scenarios under which employees and on-site Contractor staff will receive emergency notifications.
– Maintain all necessary and appropriate unclassified, Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN), and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication System (JWICS) accounts.
– Actively participate in exercises and drills.
– Ensure familiarity and willingness to comply with all appropriate processes, procedures, and requests.
– Perform work in 12-hour shifts. Shifts are primarily days from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and nights from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am in a 24/7/365 environment (note: this is a typical operational Panama-style rotating schedule, involving four teams working for two days, taking two days off, and then working for three days rotating from days to nights approximately each quarter or every three months). During major disasters, activations, and mandatory communication testing, additional hours may be required.
IIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you are a qualified job seeker with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.iit-corp.com/careers as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and provide your name and contact information. To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at 703-478-7600.
Please note: the email and telephone options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation.