Description of work
IIT is seeking a security analyst to work on yearly project for an Atlanta based business. The candidate should have experience working as an analyst in a security operations center type environment and be able to work independently as well as with a group. All level 1-2 analyst positions will be working shift work (4 days/10 hours per day shift).
Candidate may be subject to a Government Security Investigation, and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidate will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Correlation monitoring using multiple SIEM technologies for our customer
- Assist in Security Operations projects
- Conduct shift pass-down and updates
- Provide audit data when requested
- Assist in gathering forensic data and physical equipment
- Support senior IR analyst during an incident
- Work extended hours during active investigations/incidents
- Provide investigation data for trending & intel reports
- Assist in completing reports related to security operations
- Process and complete tickets related to security operations
- Use ticketing system tool for tracking cases and investigations
Qualifications & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of related IT experience including demonstrated technical expertise in multiple information security domains, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 1-3 Years working as an IT Security Analyst
- 2+ Years of experience in IT Security
- Working knowledge of SIEM technology
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity tools (IPS, AV, Firewall, Netflow, etc)
- Industry certifications (Sec+, CEH, GCIA/GCIH, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge of: Linux, Windows
- Ability to work independently and as a team to complete overall goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize task
- Working knowledge of Splunk
- Elevated troubleshooting skills and logical though process
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and complete task within given deadlines
IIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you are a qualified job seeker with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.iit-corp.com/careers as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information. To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at 703-478-7600.
Please note: the email and telephone options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation.